Monday, June 23, 2008

My Homestay, Hot springs, and Disney












My home stay was really cool. I was on a farm and there was a peacock, many chickens, mini-horses, goats, cats, rabbits, and much more. It was in the mountains, actually, on a wildlife preserve. The dad had kiwi trees and rice paddies all over the place. There were 3 kids. The boy was shy, but the 2 girls were really cool and friendly. They spoke some English and they taught me some Japanese. It was really cool! The food they cooked for me, and grandma never stopped cooking, was right from the garden. The dad went outside right before i left, and made my bamboo chopsticks in 10 minutes. AWESOME!



The best part of my city visit was the hot springs. We stayed in a beautiful place. There were public hot baths 24/7. So I soaked once when we got there, after dinner, got a massage, and then soaked again after massage. Then I soaked again in the morning before breakfast. It was amazing. We had a 14 course meal for dinner, and the breakfast wasn't too far behind! I can't believe this!






Last night I went to Disney. It was a lot of fun. It was Rebecca's b-day(the bike picture friend) and we celebrated there. Thunder mountain was fun, and so was Pirates of the Carribean. Space mountain was closed,BUMMER!!!!! None the less, we had a great time.There were no live characters walking around, but in all the rides, allthe characters spoke Japanese. Even Johnny Depp was speaking Japanese. I have to say, R2D2 and CP30 were definately the funniest in Japanese!!

4 comments:

Freyda said...

Will you keep in touch witht he family in whose home you stayed? In which village was the farm located? In which cities were the hot springs and Disney located? You will not want to leave!! Love, M & D

Freyda said...

Have a safe trip home. We are so eager to see you again!!! Love, M & D

Rebecca said...

Hey Tara,

Great blog site!! So many good memories. :) I miss you already!
I sent you an email but am not sure about the email address...let me know if you didn't receive it!
I have lost all of the pics that were on my USB (the ones on your computer) so if you get the chance, could you email them to me?? I'm hoping to bring some of them to our family reunion next week. :) Hope your trip back was safe and uneventful and that you are catching up on sleep!!

Mr. Troi said...

Geez...you really took advantage of the hotsprings! Great blog!
Aloha, troi