Monday, June 2, 2008

What I am doing in Japan.....

On June 8, 2008, I will depart for Tokyo as a participant in the Japan Fullbright Memorial Fund (JFMF) Teacher Program. I am extremely lucky to have been selected from a national pool of over 1,700 applicants by a panel of educators to earn this honor. I will be travelling to Japan for three weeks in an effort to promote greater intercultural understanding between Japan and the USA.
I will be among 160 educators visiting Japan in June. I will begin mynvisit in
Tokyo with a practical orientation on Japanese life and culture and meetings with Japanese government officials and educators. I then will travel in groups of 16 to selected host cities where I will have direct contact with Japanese teachers and students during visits to primary and secondary schools as well as a teachers college. I will also visit cultural sites and local industries in addition to a brief homestay with a Japanese family. I CAN'T WAIT!

1 comment:

maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.